Nutricost Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin
Vitamin B2 is commonly known as Riboflavin and is a member of the B-Vitamin family. Vitamin B2 occurs naturally in green vegetables, liver, kidneys, wheat germ, milk, eggs, cheese and fish. Because food processing depletes many naturally occurring nutrients, supplementation is key to help insure adequate intake of this important vitamin.
Vitamin B2 helps support many of the body’s systems and is an essential vitamin. Riboflavin is also needed to help the body change vitamin B6 and folate into forms it can use.
Some symptoms of riboflavin deficiency may include:
- Slowed growth
- Digestive problems
- Cracks and sores around the corners of the mouth
- Swollen magenta-colored tongue
- Eye fatigue
- Swelling and soreness of the throat
- Sensitivity to light
Q & A
Does this Nutricost Vitamin B2 contain allergens?
- No, this product does not contain any of the 8 major food allergens, including milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans. The equipment used to make the product is also thoroughly cleaned and assessed before each new batch is made.
Is Nutricost Vitamin B2 Non-GMO?
- Yes. This product is Non-GMO.
Is Nutricost Vitamin B2 gluten-free?
- Yes. Not only is gluten not used in this product, but each batch goes through a gluten test to ensure there was never any inadvertent cross-contamination.
What are the safety and quality standards for this product?
- Nutricost values quality above everything else and sets high standards based on industry best practices, state and federal guidelines, 3rd party testing, and consultation with scientific research and analysis.
I took Vitamin B2 and now I am feeling sick. What should I do?
- Please discontinue use and contact your health care provider. You may also send a letter to the address listed on the bottle to report any adverse event you experienced as a result of taking Vitamin B2 directly to the manufacturer.
Anything else I should know?
- Please follow the directions on the bottle and do not exceed the recommended dosage. Please also pay attention to the warning text on the label. You should take dietary supplements only under the supervision of a knowledgeable healthcare provider. Riboflavin is generally considered safe, even at high doses. However, high doses may cause: Itching, numbness, burning or prickling sensations, yellow or orange urine, and/or sensitivity to light.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.